Morel Risotto with Caramelized Onion Butter
Makes 4 Servings
Confession time. We omitted parmesan cheese from this risotto. We know that probably sounds like sacrilege…but the morels made us do it. They’re so delicious – we wanted them to take center stage.
This recipe will leave you with left over caramelized onion butter. That’s not a bad thing! Try it on biscuits, savory scones, etc.
- 4 tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Approx. 1 1/2 quarts Vegetable Stock (have a little extra on hand)
- 2 cups Vialone Nano Rice(could substitute other risotto rice, modifying stock quantity & cooking time)
- ½ cup White Wine
- ½lb Fresh Morel Mushrooms (could substitute reconstituted dried morels)
- 1 tbsp minced Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Caramelized Onion Butter:
- 2 1/2 Onions, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/2lb of Unsalted Butter
- 3 large sprigs of Fresh Sage
- Flat Leaf Parsley for Garnish
This step can be done a day or two ahead of time (even longer if you freeze the butter).