Herb-Roasted Poulet Rouge Chicken with “Naughty Bread”
What makes the bread naughty? The humble bagette gets baptized with all of the herb-infused juices, butter and fat running off the chicken in the oven. We don’t know how many calories are in it (and we don’t want to know) but it tastes incredible.
You can either serve the bread to the side of the chicken or chop it into some of the best croutons ever and toss with the salad.
Other fresh herbs can be substituted in the rub if desired, like sage or basil.
- Chicken & Naughty Bread:
- 2 whole Poulet Rouge Chickens
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Fennel Leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves, chopped
- 1 Baguette
- Unsalted Butter for basting
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Frisee Salad:
- 1 Head of Frisee
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 tbsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Tarragon Leaves
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Brine Recipe, minus the honey