10 bloggers submitted recipes using dried morel mushrooms (they’d be even better made with fresh morels!) for our first Blogger Recipe Challenge. BURP Recipes’ Morel & Leek Strata with Lemon Thyme Biscuits was selected as the best morel recipe. Tess over at Tessipes narrowly missed the top spot with her Morel Tartlet. Jenn Cuisine’s Sausage, Sage & Morel Ravioli and Lindsey’s Kitchen’s Morel & Crab Risotto were also big hits.
Here are the recipes submitted to the challenge. We recommend you check them all out…these bloggers did amazing things with dried morels!
- Dianasaur Dishes: Stuffed Morels on Morel and Truffle Oil Pasta
- Colloquial Cooking: Morel Macarons with Foie-Gras Ganache
- Chef Barbie Cooks: Morel, Dill & Asparagus Risotto
- Les Petites Images: Brioche with Morel Sausage Cream Sauce
- Appoggiatura: Spaghetti with Pancetta & Morels
- Flavor Weapon: Mushroom Spinach Tarts
- Simply Shylah: Wild Rice & Morel Mushroom Risotto
- Tessipes: Morel Tartlet
- BURP! Recipes: Morel & Leek Strata with Lemon Thyme Biscuits
- Lindsey’s Kitchen: Morel & Crab Risotto
- Jenn Cuisine: Sausage, Sage & Morel Ravioli
If you love these recipes and want more, check out our morel recipe collection, an exceptional wild mushroom canape recipe, instructions on how to preserve and store fresh mushrooms and how to reconstitute dried mushrooms. And last but not least, check out this fun recipe for Morel Stuffed Teriyaki Burgers and Morel Tater Tots by DJ Karma.