White Truffle Risotto
Makes 6 Servings
|Aged White Burgundy Chardonnay
As decadent as food gets, this risotto showcases the complex flavors of parmigiano reggiano cheese and incredible earthy white alba truffles (some of the finest truffles in the world). Whipped heavy cream adds richness while making the finished risotto luxuriously thick. Let’s just say that when this came off the stove we took a break and ate in silence…as if praying to the food gods.
We already have a great post explaining the basic risotto method, but we thought that this warranted its own recipe since it literally made four experienced palates swoon.
- 2 cups Carnaroli Rice
- 1 cup onion very finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine (Italian Soave, Fiano di Avellino, or Falanghina)
- 2-3 cups lowest salt chicken stock (you could substitute vegetable stock)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 ½ ounces of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano, very finely chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/8th oz fresh white Alba truffles (though any fresh truffle will do)