Sous Vide Strip Steak w/ Chipotle Honey Onions
Makes 2 Servings
|“big” California Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, Porter Beer or Stout Beer|
These caramelized onions are sweet, honeyed, smoky and spicy, an exciting accompaniment to a superb grass-fed steak.
This is a sous vide recipe, but you could also cook the steaks using your preferred method on the grill, stove, etc (our recommended steak cooking techniques).
- 2 Grass-Fed NY Strip Steaks
- 4 cups Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mesquite Honey
- 1 heaping tsp Chipotle Chile Powder
- ¼ cup Honey Drinking Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- Generous Pinch of Salt
- Recommended side:
- Roasted Fennel, Poblanos & Carrots Recipe