Makes 8 Servings
Make your risotto more robust and complex with wild porcini mushrooms!
- 2 oz Dried Porcini Mushrooms, reconstituted & thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, minced
- 2 cups Carnaroli Rice (could substitute Vialone Nano Rice or Arborio Rice)
- ½ cup White Wine
- Strained Mushroom Rehydrating Liquid + enough Chicken or Veggie stock to make 6 cups total
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup Heavy Cream, whipped
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Truffle Oil to taste
Sweat the onion in butter until translucent.
Add the rice and toast while stirring.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Cook until you can no longer smell alcohol.
Add the reconstituted mushrooms.
Begin to slowly add the stock in 8oz increments, letting it simmer down almost completely before adding more. Stir frequently.
Taste the rice for texture. It is done when al dente.
Transfer to a heated bowl, add ¾ of the cheese, 1 tbsp of butter and the whipped cream.
Gently fold in the cream, taste, and add salt, pepper to taste.
Drizzle on truffle oil if desired, then top with the remaining cheese and chopped parsley. Serve.