Porcini Mushroom Relish
Makes 4 Servings
We used this simple relish on a roast beef sandwich, but it would work as a condiment on a wide variety of meat or vegetable dishes. It’s packed with umami and herby/tangy flavors.
- 1/2oz Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Onion, finely minced
- 2 tsp Brined Capers, drained & chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Fresh Tarragon, finely sliced
Rehydrate the porcinis in hot water. Drain off the water and finely mince the mushrooms.
Stir in the onion, mustard, salt, olive oil, tarragon and brined capers.