Iberico Pork End Loins (Pluma) with Saffron Rice Cakes & Red Pepper Sauce
Makes 4 Servings
The pluma (end loin) isn’t the most beautiful cut of meat. It’s pretty small and has an uneven shape (which looks a bit like a feather, hence its Spanish name) – but Spaniards consider it the best cut on the whole Iberico pig (besides the ham, which is used for curing). Sear one on the stove and you’ll quickly discover why: its flavor is tops.
Here we’ve paired seared Iberico pluma with crispy saffron rice cakes & a roasted red pepper sauce. Eye catching & absolutely delicious.
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 big pinch Saffron Threads
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 2/3 cup Water
- 1 cup Saffron Rice
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper (jarred is fine)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Gran Reserva Sherry Vinegar
- 2 pinches of Salt
- 1 tsp Organic Native Forest Honey (could substitute other honey)