Grass-Fed Ribeye Steak & Eggs
Makes 2 Servings
Classic steak & eggs re-imagined to blow your mind with sous vide ribeyes, caramelized onion butter, duck fat fried potatoes, and a rich red wine demi-glace sauce.
If you don’t have a sous vide setup, you could also season the steaks with salt & pepper and cook them using conventional methods (How Chefs Cook Steaks). The onion butter can also be omitted to make this recipe lighter & faster. If you do make it though, you’ll end up with extra that can be frozen for delicious later use!
- Sous Vide Ribeye Steaks:
- 2 Grass-Fed Ribeye Steaks
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Hefty pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Sage, Chiffonade
- Caramelized Onion Butter:
- 2 1/2 Onions, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/2lb of Unsalted Butter
- 3 large sprigs of Fresh Sage
- Red Wine Demi Sauce:
- 1 tbsp Shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup Red Wine (we used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1.5oz pack of Demi Glace Gold, rehydrated with 4oz of water
- 3 tbsp Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp Fresh Chives, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage Chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Rendered Duck Fat (or reuse the duck fat from frying the potatoes)
This step can be done a day or two ahead of time (even longer if you freeze the butter).
Once the mixture has cooled somewhat, add the parsley.
Sweat the shallots and bay leaf in a tsp of olive oil over medium-low heat until translucent.
Deglaze the pan with the red wine. Add a few grinds of black pepper. Simmer to reduce the wine until it has almost evaporated.
Strain the wine from the shallots into a separate frying pan. Add the reconstituted Demi Glace Gold, beef stock, thyme, rosemary, chives, sage, Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper to taste.
Crack in the eggs and fry them to your desired level of doneness, basting with the duck fat.
Grass-Fed Beef Recipes
Sous Vide Recipes