Escarole, Toasted Hazelnut & Pickled Mustard Seed Salad
Makes 8-10 Servings
This hearty salad pairs escarole with toasted hazelnuts, a sour cream vinaigrette and pickled mustard seeds.
- 2 heads of Escarole, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, toasted & cut in half
- 2 cups of Croutons (we recommend you toast your own with salt, pepper & olive oil)
- Lots of freshly ground Black Pepper
- Amber Sour Cream Vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Amber Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Pickled Mustard Seeds Recipe, drained
Make the vinaigrette using the listed ingredients, except the sour cream and honey (how to make a vinaigrette).
Whisk in the honey and the sour cream.
Toss the escarole with the hazelnuts and croutons. Drizzle in half the dressing, grind in the pepper, add the mustard seeds and toss again.
Add additional dressing to taste & toss again.