Wild Boar Meatballs w/ Juniper Tomato Sauce
Tender, boldly flavorful wild boar meatballs in a tomato sauce seasoned with juniper berries. This is our second wild boar meatballs recipe. You can find the other one here.
Optional: Pasta of your choice
2. Oil a large pan or cast iron skillet with two tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Saute. After about ten minutes (when the onions have started to brown), deglaze the pan with the white wine & simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
3. Add the stock, tomato puree, and ground spice mixture. Simmer for ten minutes.
4. Puree the sauce in a blender, then return it to the pan to be reheated when the meatballs are ready.
5. In a large bowl combine the ground wild boar, egg, mint, panko bread crumbs, the other teaspoon of smoked salt.
6. Very gently mix the contents of the bowl.
7. Very gently form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs.
8. Sear the meatballs on all sides in a hot oiled skillet.
9. Once the meatballs are browned, transfer them to the pureed sauce, with a little bit of the fat from the pan.
10. Stir the cream into the sauce and bring it to a simmer. Simmer for ten minutes to finish cooking the meatballs.
Post your recipe or comment here: