Cold Spicy Mango Soup with Corn Foam & Cilantro Oil
Makes 6-8 Servings
Bright, refreshing spicy, tangy, sweet & savory with a fluffy corn chile foam.
- 2 Mangos, peeled & cubed
- 3 tsp Portland Red Fresno Pepper Sauce, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tsp Cameroon Mango Vinegar
- 1/2 cup leftover Corn Liquid from Corn Foam Recipe
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 tsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
- 1 Corn Tortilla
- ½ Haas Avocado, peeled & small diced & tossed with a little Lime Juice
- Oil for Frying
- Cilantro Oil:
- ½ bunch Cilantro, stems & leaves
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Plus: Corn Foam Recipe
Make the corn foam, reserving the leftover liquid.
Briefly blend the cilantro and olive oil until smooth, then pour through a fine mesh strainer to extract the oil. Reserve both the strained oil & the remaining cilantro pulp for garnish.
Fry the corn tortilla in a shallow layer of oil until crispy. Cut into small strips.
Combine the mangos, remaining corn liquid, mango vinegar, water, fish sauce, lime juice, Portland pepper sauce, and kosher salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Put the soup in bowls, topped with some of the avocado. Drizzle with a little cilantro oil. Top with a tortilla chip, some of the reserved cilantro, a few drops of the hot sauce, and a little of the lecithin foam. Serve.