Drink Pairings: Gruner Veltliner from Austria or an Oregon Pinot Noir
Ingredients: (Makes 4 Servings)
2. Saute the morels in butter (Butter Sautéed Morels Recipe).
3. Simmer the chicken stock on the stove until it almost reaches a syrup consistency.
4. Wash & peel the beets. Slice them as thin as possible using a mandolin or v-slicer.
5. Toss the beats in separate bowls with 1 ½ tsp of the chicken broth, a tsp of lemon juice and a 1tsp sherry vinegar, 1 tbsp of olive oil added to each.
6. Cut the fennel fronds off the bulb, then rinse & dry them.
7. Add most the fennel fronds, a couple pinches of salt, pepper and 1 tsp fennel seed to each bowl of beets.
8. Spread a tbsp of crème fraiche on each plate.
9. Plate the beets together along with the butter sautéed morels.
10. Sprinkle with a little fleur de sel, fennel seed, the remaining fennel fronds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Post your recipe or comment here:
2 Responses to “Raw Beet & Morel Salad”