Veal Scalopini Salad with Grilled Pancetta Wrapped Figs, Goat Cheese and Shitake Mushrooms
By Connie Deady. in Los Angeles, CA
1 1/2 lb. Le Quebecois Grain Fed veal sirloin, thinly sliced & pounded into 16 pieces
8 oz. Goat Cheese, crumbled
4 large Shitake Mushrooms
4 oz. pancetta
8 large figs, sliced in half
20 large sage leaves, cut into 1/4 inch chiffonade
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup olive oil
Ingredients For Dressing:
1/2 cup Fig infused Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup olive oil
pinch of salt & pepper
4 heads Belgian endive, separated
6 oz. Arugula
1. Wrap each fig half with pancetta and chill well about 30 minutes.
2. Quickly deep fry sage and drain on paper towel.
3. Lightly rub shitake mushrooms with oil and grill about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and when cool julienne about 1/4″ pieces.
4. Grill pancetta wrapped figs about 3 minutes on each side and set aside.
5. Melt the 4 tablespoons of butter & oil together. Dredge veal medallions lightly in flour and saute about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and deglaze pan with 2 oz. of the vinagrette, reduce until thickened and put veal and the sliced shitake mushrooms back in pan. Toss to lightly coat.
1. In bowl mix arugula & endive together and toss with vinaigrette.
2. Divide salad onto four dinner plates. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of greens, then the sliced shitakes.
3. Place 4 veal medallions on center of each plate.
4. Arrange 4 figs around edges and finish with a sprinkling of fried sage on top of the veal.