Sweet Potato Cakes w/ Wasabi Avocado Cream & Smoked Fish
Makes 6-8 Appetizer Servings
Ameal’s worth of flavors and textures in a single bite – salty, creamy, buttery, smoky, spicy, and sweet.
These delightful little cakes are just the right size for parties and offer a different flavor and texture than blini, crackers or potato cakes. Serve them on a platter as appetizers or hors d’oeuvres.
- Wasabi Avocado Cream:
- 1/2 tsp Grated Fresh Wasabi (or ½ tsp water + ½ tsp wasabi powder, or ½ tsp wasabi paste)
- 1 Avocado, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Alder Smoked Flake Sea Salt
- Sweet Potato Cakes:
- 1 Sweet Potato, Grated on Large Holes of a Box Grater
- Optional: ½ cup Finely Grated Daikon Radish
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 tbsp High Heat Oil (Canola, Peanut, Grapeseed, etc)
Mash, blend or food process the avocado with the lemon juice and smoked salt until a smooth puree. Stir in the wasabi.