“Som Tum” Spicy Mango Salad
Som Tum is a spicy, sweet, tart salad popular in several southeast Asian countries (and known by many names). Here we’ve used ripe mangoes (you could also use tart green mangoes) and tamarind drinking vinegar instead of the usual lime juice.
One bite and you’ll be wide awake, feeling refreshed.
- 2 Honey Mangoes, cut into strips
- Heaping ½ cup Fresh Green Beans, cut into ½” pieces
- ¼ Cup Fresh Mint
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro (stem on)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil
- ½ Cup Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 1 tbsp (or to taste) Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Drinking Vinegar
- Coconut Sugar to taste
- 1 tsp minced Fresh Garlic
- 2-4 Fresh Thai Chilies (multiple colors would be great), finely chopped/minced
- ½ Carrot, cut julienne
- Make the dressing: