Sous Vide Wagyu Short Rib w/ Parsnip, Apple & Kimchi
Makes 4 Servings
Braising these short ribs sous vide for 72 hours at 58°C results in meat that’s exquisitely fork tender while still being moist & pink on the inside. They’re then seared just before serving to develop a nice brown crust.
Here they’re paired with an apple-parsnip puree and kimchi paste – which is essentially everything in kimchi but the cabbage and fermentation.
- 2 1/2lbs Grass-Fed Wagyu Beef Short Rib
- 5 tbsp Mama O’s Kimchi Paste
- 1 Green Apple for Garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- Apple-Parsnip Puree:
- 1lb Parsnip
- 1 Green Apple (reserve 1 for garnish)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 qt Cream
- 2 tbsp cold Unsalted Butter
- Start the Ribs Three Days Ahead of Serving:
- Make the Parsnip Puree: