No, this isn’t a healthy recipe, but it is a very, very good recipe. If you’ve ever wondered why restaurant mashed potatoes taste so much better & are so much fluffier than the ones you make at home, here’s the technique:
Ingredients: (Makes about 4 servings)
1 lb Potatoes (Russets, Yukon Golds, or Heirloom Potatoes)
½ cup Milk
½ cup Heavy Cream
3 tbsp Butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into roughly equal pieces.
2. Boil them in salted water until tender.
3. Warm up the cream, milk and butter in a separate pan.
4. Drain the potatoes and run them through a ricer or a food mill.
5. Using a wooden spoon or spatula fold in the cream mixture until you get the desired consistency.
6. Taste for seasoning, adjust as needed.