Tired of mashed potatoes? Try parsnip puree! In addition to offering a different taste and texture, parsnips are a great source of vitamins.
3/4ths of a cup heavy cream
4.5oz unsalted butter
salt to taste
1. Peel and remove the ends from the parsnips.
2. Rough dice the parsnips. The smaller the pieces, the faster they will cook, but try to keep them all roughly the same size for even cooking.
3. Simmer the parsnip pieces in water until tender.
5. Heat butter and cream to close the temperature gap between them and the parsnip.
6. Rough mash parsnip in a mixer with the butter and cream using a paddle attachment, or mash by hand. Add salt to taste. Be careful not to over mash. If you do, the parsnip will break down too much and develop an gooey texture.
Root & Rhizome Recipes