Pan Roasted Trout with Herb Salad and Persillade
Makes 2 Servings
|New York State Riesling or Sake|
In this simple, yet incredibly delicious dish, buttery trout is paired with a zesty persillade sauce and a fresh herb salad.
- 1 butterflied Rainbow Trout
- 2 tbsp Celery Leaves
- 1 ½ bunches of Fresh Parsley
- Leaves of 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp Thai Basil, cut in a chiffonade
- 1 splash of Champagne Vinegar
- 1 clove of Garlic, rough chopped
- Zest of 1 Lemon + 1 tsp for salad
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed Lemon Juice, plus extra for dressing trout
- Olive Oil for cooking + 1 tsp for salad
Make the Persillade: In a blender, combine the zest, lemon juice, parsley, vinegar and garlic with just enough oil to bring the mixture together.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Lay the trout skin-down in a hot cast iron skillet with oil over medium heat. Cook until the skin has crisped and browned.
Move the skillet to the oven and cook until the trout flesh has turned opaque (about 3-4 minutes).
In a bowl toss together the Thai basil, thyme leaves, celery leaves, teaspoon each of lemon juice, olive oil & lemon zest. Add salt to taste.
Decorate the plate with about 2 tbsp of the persillade, then lay the cooked trout on top. Drizzle a little of the extra lemon juice over the top of the trout.
Add the herb salad to the plate, and drizzle your best extra virgin olive oil over the salad and fish to finish. Serve.