Mackerel Salad with Celery, Almonds, Lemon & Smoke
Makes 4 Tapas Servings
This light but satisfying salad is very simple – it lets the quality of the ingredients do all the talking for you.
- 3 Inner Celery Ribs with Leaves
- 4 large strips Lemon Peel, julienned (cut into very fine slivers)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp Fried & Salted Marcona Almonds
- 1 tbsp First Day Arbequina EVOO + extra to finish
- 1 tin Jose Gourmet Small Mackerel in Olive Oi
- Alder Smoked Alaskan Flake Salt
Remove & reserve the celery leaves. Thinly slice the celery on a bias.
Put the celery slices in a bowl with most of the lemon peel. Squeeze in the lemon juice & gently toss.
Add the smoked paprika, marcona almonds and one tablespoon of the olive oil. Toss to combine.
Put the salad on a platter or on small plates. Top with portions of the mackerel. Top the mackerel with a light sprinkle of the smoked salt.
Drizzle more of the arbequina olive oil over the top to finish.