Jam Salad Dressing
Eaten all your jam? Don’t wash that jar yet! You’ve got the makings of a delicious vinaigrette.
Consider this a technique rather than a hard recipe, you can easily scale it up to make more as long as the proportions are roughly the same.
Of course, you don’t have to eat all your jam to do this either. Just move 1 tbsp of jam to a clean jar or whisk it together with the other ingredients in a small bowl.
- Jam jar with approx. 1 tbsp remaining (we used Strawberry Jam)
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (could substitute other vinegars)
- ¼ – ½ tsp Salt
- A couple grinds of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard (we used Tarragon Dijon Mustard)
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we used Koroneiki Olive Oil)
- Optional: Finely chopped Fresh Herbs, Garlic or Shallot to taste