Indian Bread Salad with Tomatoes, Garbanzo Beans, Cucumbers & Paneer
Makes 8 Servings
This salad is a refreshing fusion of Italian panzanella and Indian flavors.
The baked chickpeas are also delicious on their own as an easy snack.
- Baked Chickpeas:
- 1 small can Chickpeas, drained & dried
- 2 tsp Kefta Rub
- 1 tsp Sherry Vinegar Gran Reserva
- 1 package Roti (could substitute Whole Wheat Naan)
- 4 Heirloom Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ Red Onion, sliced into thin half-moons
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved (we used half red, half orange)
- 1/2 cup toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/3lb Paneer, cubed
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kefta Rub (or to taste)
- Squeeze of Lemon
Preheat your oven to 500°F.
Spread the chickpeas out on a shallow baking dish & put it in the oven. Roast them for 20 minutes.
Take the chickpeas out of the oven. Sprinkle them with the kefta rub & sherry vinegar. Jiggle the pan to coat them. Let the chickpeas cool completely.
Toast the roti or naan on an oiled grill or pan. Crumble or cut it into bite-sized portions.
Toss together the chickpeas, tomatoes (both kinds), pine nuts, paneer, onion & parsley.
Stir in the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and additional kefta rub.