Halibut Cheek Sandwich
|Sancerre or Savignon Blanc from Loire Valley, France|
Forget deep fried fish sandwiches, this one is healthier, simple, light, and delicate. The halibut cheeks are tender and fluffy while an aioli made with meyer lemons adds brightness without being over tart.
- 2 Halibut Cheeks per sandwich
- Burger Buns of choice (we highly recommend brioche buns)
- Butter for toasting buns
- Butter Lettuce
- Meyer Lemon Juice
- Fresh Lemon Mayo
- (or, could add lemon juice & zest to store bought mayo)
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 pinches of Salt
- Approx. 24oz Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Meyer Lemon Juice (plus extra to taste if desired)
- 2 tbsp Meyer Lemon Zest, finely minced
Any leftover lemon aioli should keep in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.