Grilled Cabbage Coleslaw with Beet Kraut & Mustard
Makes 6 Servings
Grilling the cabbage you put in your homemade coleslaw adds flavor and color while softening the texture.
- 1 small head Green Cabbage
- 1 small head Red Cabbage
- ½ cup Midori Farm Beet Kraut (could substitute another high quality Sauerkraut)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pistachios, lightly chopped
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (we used Alpenfire Orleans Style)
- 2 tsp Honey or Agave Nectar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Core the cabbage heads & separate them into cup-shaped whole leaves.
Grill the cabbage leaves until tender. Chop them into thin strips.
Toss the cabbage strips with all the other ingredients in a large bowl.