Ginger Mint Julep
Makes 1 Cocktail (plus extra syrup)
Using vodka in this julep makes the flavor all about the mint and the ginger.
- Raw Sugar Simple Syrup Base:
- 1 cup Raw (Demerara) Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 medium finger of Ginger, peeled & sliced
- ½ cup Raw Sugar Simple Syrup
- 7-8 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 thin slices Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 1/2oz Ginger Simple Syrup
- ¼ Lime Juice
- 2oz Vodka (we used Tito’s)
- Fresh Mint Sprig & Lime Wheel
Strain the ginger out of the syrup, and let it cool. Move it to the fridge to chill & store until you need it.