Fava & Fresh Chickpea Salad
Makes 6 Servings
The mix of herbs, greens and fresh beans in this salad gives it a crisp, fresh flavor that’s like Spring distilled into a starter.
If you don’t have both favas and fresh chickpeas available, you can easily substitute more of one for the other.
- 1 cup Fava Beans, removed from pods
- 1 cup Fresh Garbanzo Beans (aka fresh chickpeas), removed from pods
- 1/4lb of Bacon, cut into strips (lardons)
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 bunch Watercress
- Leaves of ½ bunch Fresh Mint
- Leaves of ½ bunch Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1/8lb Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese