Crostini w/ Manchego, Guava and Salami “Croutons”
Makes 4 Servings
|Oregon Pinot Gris|
A crispy blend of sweet, savory, porky & cheesy goodness that evokes a much classier version of Hawaiian pizza.
- Sourdough Bread, thinly sliced into 16 half rounds
- Olive Oil
- 2 1/2oz Manchego Cheese
- 1 block Guava Paste, very thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Sopressata Salami, very finely cubed (brunoise)
- Fine Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- High Heat Oil
- Optional Garnish: Micro Marigold Petals
Brush the sourdough slices with olive oil on one side. Spread them out on a baking sheet and broil them until lightly crisped and browned. Remove them from the oven.
Put 1 tbsp of finely grated manchego cheese on each crostini.
Put the cubed sopresatta in a frying pan with a ½ tbsp. of oil. Slowly render it until it crisps up.
Lightly broil the crostini, just long enough to melt the cheese.
Top each crostini with some of the sopressata cubes, guava slices, and (if desired) marigold petals. Drizzle with the olive oil. Serve.