Candy Cap Mushroom Panna Cotta
Makes 6 Servings
|Vin Santo or aged Sauternes|
Yes, you read that right, a mushroom dessert! Panna cotta is a smooth, incredibly creamy dessert gelled with gelatin. And yes, this candy cap panna cotta tastes like mushrooms. But it’s good, we swear!
The reason it works is because of candy cap mushrooms’ unique toasted-maple flavor and natural sweetness. They’re a cutting edge pastry chef favorite that you just have to try.
- 4 cups of heavy cream (we recommend 40%+ fat content (aka manufacturing cream) for best texture and flavor, but you could use any cream or milk, including half and half or even skim milk)
- 1 + 1/4th cups of dried candy cap mushrooms
- ½ cup superfine sugar or organic evaporated cane juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 3 + ½ tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- Neutral flavored oil (optional)
- Fresh mint for garnish