Blood Orange & Microgreen Salad
Makes 4 Servings
Bright, briny, nutty and herby, this salad is the perfect way to start a light meal or balance a heavier one.
- 3 Blood Oranges
- ¼ cup Salted & Fried Marcona Almonds
- ½ cup Castelvetrano Olives
- ¼ cup Mint Leaves
- 2 cups Microgreen Blend
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 oz Israeli or French Feta Cheese
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Alaska Flake Smoked Sea Salt
- Additional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Additional Alaska Flake Smoked Sea Salt
Remove the peel and outer membrane from the blood oranges, then cut them into 12 thick slices.
Lay four blood orange slices across each plate.
Top them with marcona almonds & arrange several olives across the plate.
Make a vinaigrette with the vinegar, oil, and smoked salt.
Mix together the mint leaves and microgreens. Drizzle the vinaigrette over them.
Drizzle a little extra EVOO over the oranges & sprinkle them with a little extra smoked salt.
Top the oranges with the microgreen & mint salad. Serve.