Blackened Cabbage w/ Kimchi Paste
Makes 4 Servings
Bright, briny, savory & crisp, this is great vegetable side for Asian-style meat or fish dishes.
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 head Cabbage, thickly chopped
- 2 tsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Kimchi Paste
- 1 squeeze of Lemon (approx. ¼ tsp)
- ½ tsp Unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
Toss the cabbage pieces in the sesame oil & fish sauce. Spread them out on a sheet tray.
Broil them in the oven until the cabbage pieces start to blacken.
Stir the blackened cabbage pieces together with the ginger, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and kimchi paste. Serve.