Warm Bacon & Mustard Potato Salad
Makes 8 Servings
When people think of potato salad, they tend to assume mayonnaise, crème fraiche, or some other dairy is involved. This version is dairy free, giving it a more rustic consistency and appearance. Isn’t creamy, but it is a lot lighter, making it a better side dish for heavier meats and fatty fish.
Leaving the pearl onions only lightly cooked gives this salad a crisp consistency and, together with the mustard and vinegar, a little bite. It doesn’t taste heavily of bacon, there’s just enough in here to give it a bit of smoke and richness.
- 1lb Heirloom Potatoes (we particularly recommend Austrian Crescent Fingerling Potatoes)
- 1/4lb Bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp + 1/3rd of a cup Olive Oil, plus extra if needed
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 2 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4th cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 6 Pearl Onions
- 3 whole sprigs Fresh Rosemary + 1 tbsp chopped leaves