Alba White Truffle Risotto
Makes 2-4 Servings
|White Burgundy Wine|
This is a simple, classic risotto with a few subtle twists (vermouth and rosemary) followed by a show-stopping finish – white Alba truffles. Of course, you could also substitute more affordable Oregon Truffles or even a drizzle of white truffle oil…but Albas are the world’s finest white truffles for a good reason, and shaving them over this risotto makes it suitable for royalty.
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Carnaroli Rice
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 1 Small Onion, small diced
- ½ tsp Salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 tbsp Alba White Truffle Bits (any parts of the truffle that wouldn’t look pretty sliced)
- ½ cup Dry White Vermouth
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp minced Fresh Rosemary
- 1 quart + 1 cup Chicken Stock (as low salt as possible…preferably homemade chicken stock)
- Fresh White Alba Truffles
When you’re down to the last cup of chicken stock, add the butter to it.