(it’s as good as it sounds)
This recipe uses the same technique used for twice-baked potatoes, first roasting the squash, then scooping the innards out and mixing them with other ingredients for a flavorful puree. The puree is then returned to the squash shell and broiled. Comforting and delicious, this is a perfect winter side dish.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rub the whole squash with olive oil, salt & pepper.
2. Roast in the oven until tender (~30 minutes depending on size) turning occasionally.
3. Let the squash cool, slice it in half, and scoop out the seeds and stringy bits from both sides, discarding them. Scrape out all of the inner flesh from one side into a bowl and mash the butter, garlic and salt and pepper into it.
4. Pack the seasoned squash flesh into the seed cavity of the remaining half.
5. Before serving, broil the stuffed squash in the oven until the top is nicely browned.
Post your recipe or comment here: