This dish is a study in decadence balanced with bright flavors. On one side you have rich, swoon-inducing bacon and truffle. On the other – fresh mint, lemon, pea tendrils and fresh chickpeas.
Drink Pairing: Rosé Wine
Ingredients: Makes 4 Servings
2. Render the fat out of the bacon in a frying pan over low heat. Once the bacon has crisped, remove it and the fat from the pan. Reserve the bacon & add 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat back into the pan.
3. Cook the linguini in salted boiling water until al dente.
4. In the bacon pan, cook the onion/ramps until translucent, then add the blanched garbanzo beans.
5. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
6. Stir in the truffle butter, reserved bacon, lemon juice and pea tendrils. Add salt & pepper to taste.
7. Add the drained pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Stir in the fresh mint & truffle oil. Serve.
Post your recipe or comment here: