Squid Stir Fry
Tender, tasty squid with caramelized mushrooms and bok choy stir fried with a blend of SE Asian flavors.
Drink Pairing: Singha Beer
Ingredients: Makes 4-6 Servings
1/2 lb Squid, tentacles and tubes
3 tbsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
1 ½ tbsp Sudachi Juice
3 tbsp High Heat Oil (grapeseed, peanut, etc)
1 cup Fresh Oyster Mushrooms, separated into fronds
1 cup Fresh Maitake Mushrooms, separated into fronds
3 heads Baby Bok Choy
1 stalk Lemongrass, finely minced
2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 ½ tbsp Sweet Red Chili Sauce
1. Separate the bok choy leaves from the stems and chop the stems into large chunks.
2. Slice the squid tubes into rings.
3. Over high heat, combine the oil and salt in a cast iron skillet, wok, or large frying pan.
4. Add the oyster & maitake mushrooms and saute them for a few minutes (until they start to caramelize).
5. Add the bok choy stems and kaffir lime leaves to the pan. Continue to stir fry.
6. Once the stems have caramelized, add the fish sauce, sudachi juice, chile sauce, bok choy leaves, lemongrass and squid.
7. Stir fry until the squid turns opaque and starts to curl (about 3 minutes).