We issued a challenge to the blogosphere: Take our chilies and create a delicious and fiery dish that requires a spoon to eat. We then shipped 6 of our 25 varieties of dried chilies to each blogger (every blogger received a different collection).
Ladies and Gentlemen, 35 delicious bloggers surely delivered with everything from chile ice cream to chile chili. Many bloggers used dried chilies for the first time and discovered that they are a culinary game changer. Thanks to all of the bloggers who helped create this amazing collection of dried chile recipes.
Of all the entries, two stood out: Lawyer Loves Lunch’s recipe for Pho with Chile Sauce won the reader poll, with A Thought for Food’s Chocolate Chili Panna Cotta recipe being voted by the other competitors as their favorite.
That said, all of the recipes submitted were exciting, many extremely unusual. They’re listed below…check them out!
- The Domestic Mama & Village Cook: Vanilla-Almond & Chocolate-Cinnamon-Chile Pudding
- fANNEtastic Food: Thanksgiving Ceviche
- The Allergic Kid: Sweet & Spicy Fruit Soup
- Redhead Recipes: Spicy White Chicken Chili
- My Kitchen Kreations to You: Spicy Vegetable Posole
- Daily Nibbles: Spicy Squash & Black Bean Chili
- Savory Sweet Living: Spicy Kabocha & Quince Soup with Thai Flavors
- The Sugar Pixie: Spicy Chocolate Mug Cake
- The Cheap Gourmet: Smokin’ Hot Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- Start the Evolution Without Me: Smokey Chocolate Mousee for Adults
- Sir Porkalot: Smoked Serrano Creme Brulee
- Go Ahead & Snicker: Slow Cooker Japones Pulled Pork with Thai Red Curry
- Eat Drink Wash Up: Sizzling Cherry Almond Crumb Cobbler w/ Vanilla Ice Cream
- Poise in Parma: Savory Custard Oats
- Burp & Slurp: Peanut Butter Mole
- 52 Kitchen Adventures: Not Your Mom’s Cranberry Sauce
- May I Have Your Attention Please: Ice Cream Sundae with a Chile on Top
- The Smart Kitchen: Hot Tamale Spoonbread
- Simply Food Love: Guajillo Chicken Posole & Abuelita Chocolate Brownie
- Dinner at Christina´s: Grilled Cheeseburger Chili
- The Growing Foodie: Game Time Soup over German Chive Spaetzle
- Fab & Delicious Food: Fruit & Walnut Parfait w/ Chile-infused Ganache
- Chile Bomb: Cuatro Chile con Carne
- Blackboard Kitchen: Choose your own Adventure Cheesecake
- Twenty-Something & Starving: Chocolate, Cranberry & Chile de Arbol Bread Pudding
- Apple Crumbles: Chocolate Chile Lava Cakes
- A Nutritionist Eats: Chinese Hot & Sour Soup
- Cooking with Kait: Chili Ice Cream
- Donna-Marie Ryan: Chicken & Fruit Mole Stew
- The Food Hunter’s Guide: Carrot & Cannelini Bean Soup w/ Smoked Serrano Chile Oil
- Uncovering Food: Aji Cereza Chili Pumpkin Soup with Quinoa & De Arbol Spiced Pepitas
Browse the Marx Foods dried chile recipes collection for even more ideas and technique tutorials.