Mmm…comfort food. Smoky, rich, porky potatoes with a minimum of extra effort.
Fingerling potatoes roast particularly well, but you could easily substitute other heirloom potatoes or new potatoes.
2. Cut the fingerlings in half lengthwise & toss them in the oil.
3. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread out the potatoes on the foil in a single layer.
4. Roast the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the butter in chunks distributed across the surface of the foil. Let the butter melt, then stir the potatoes to coat.
6. Flip all the potatoes so the cut sides are down on the foil.
7. Return the potatoes to the oven and continue to roast until the bottoms are caramelized and the tops are browned & wrinkled (check them after ten minutes).
Post your recipe or comment here: