TUNA CRUDO WITH SICILIAN-INSPIRED SALSA VERDE
Makes 2 Servings
|Sancerre, Vermentino or Chenin Blanc|
Crudo means raw and the rich flavor of this bluefin tuna belly really comes through in this simple preparation.
- 1 6-7oz. Spanish bluefin tuna belly
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- Juice of ½ an orange (or other citrus)
- SALSA VERDE:
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Maldon salt
Slice raw tuna belly and let stand in the citrus juices while preparing the salsa verde.
Place all the salsa verde ingredients in a high-speed mixer and blend until smooth.
To serve, spoon salsa verde onto the plate and arrange tuna slices on top. Spoon over some of the citrus marinade. Garnish with chile slices and Maldon salt.