Grilled Chicken Shawarma w/ Tzatziki Sauce
Makes 4 Servings
- Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 ea English Cucumber (seeds removed), diced
- 1 ea Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, Roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dill, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 4ea Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Tzatziki Sauce
Mix all ingredients together and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper as needed.
Mix all ingredients except for the chicken breast to combine thoroughly. Combine with chicken breasts in a bowl, tossing to make sure they are evenly coated. Allow to marinate for at least one hour and up to four hours.
Start a grill to medium high heat.
Remove breasts from marinade, wiping off all excess marinade. Season lightly with more salt and pepper and place the breasts on the grill.
Cook, rotating frequently to prevent burning, until breasts have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 7-10 minutes.
Serve with steamed basmati rice with tzatziki sauce drizzled over the top.