Grass-Fed Beef Goulash
- 1.5 lb boneless beef, or approx.1.5 lb net weight cut on the bone
- 1 large tablespoon of fat (pork or poultry or render tallow if you have it on the cut)
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, or 4 pieces of red sweet mini peppers
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 parsnips (optional, you can add more carrots instead)
- 5 medium potatoes
- 25 pieces of caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: Chili for spiciness
Note that you can use your desired cut of meat, just take into consideration that braising cuts can take longer time to cook.
Cube the meat and dice the onions, garlic, celeries, and peppers.
Sautee the meat in lard for 25 minutes and add the onion, celeries, garlic, peppers, salt and pepper, caraway seeds and further cook for another 20 minutes.
Add 2.5-2.65 quarts of water and turn the heat to high. Add sweet paprika (Hungarian is preferable, but use any paprika you have in your pantry), and cook it for 60 minutes.
Slice carrots and parsnips, potatoes in cubes and cook for another 20-30 minutes and (chilies if you want to make it spicy).