Chorizo-Stuffed Quail With Grilled Summer Salad
Makes 4-6 Servings
|Fino or Manzanilla Sherry|
Here’s a dish that is all about relaxed summer elegance. Make this when corn and peaches are at their peak.
- 2 peaches, grilled and diced
- 4 garlic scapes, grilled and diced
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, grilled whole and kernels removed
- 1 fresh cucumber, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp espelette pepper
- 1 tsp chervil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
To make the salad dressing, whisk together the lime juice, honey, espelette pepper and herbs. Toss prepared vegetables in the dressing. Salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
For the stuffing, mix the chorizo, cornbread, shallot, garlic, mustard, and herbs. Fill the quail cavities with the mixture.
Grill quail over medium indirect heat until internal temp reaches 155°F., about 15-18 minutes.
To serve, spoon some of the salad on each plate and perch two quail on top.