Makes 4 Servings
- 2 lobes of chicken breast cut into fine slices
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme chopped up, or 2 pinches of dried thyme
- Panko or breadcrumbs (can be gluten free)
- Flour (can be gluten free)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Rendered chicken fat (we used the quantity that we rendered out of the skin of one chicken today), or use high temperature oil or butter.
Cut the chicken into strips and add salt pepper and thyme.
Put pieces into first flower, the beaten up eggs, finally breadcrumbs, and fry them in a skillet (preferably cast iron, and make sure oil is fully covering the bottom of the frying pan).
It should take for about 3 minutes on each side at medium heat, but check the center before removing from skillet.
Eat it with your favorite sauce, our’s is honey-mustard. Garnish with rice, salad, potatoes or your favorite side dish.