Drink Pairings: Oregon Pinot Noir or Chateauneuf du Pape
Ingredients: Makes 10 Servings
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse and dry the cubes of stew meat. Season them with salt and pepper, then dust them with the flour.
3. Heat some olive oil in a Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat.
4. Add the meat cubes, keeping them in a single layer, and sear them two sides. You’ll likely have to do this in several batches. Take care not to let the fond on the bottom of the pan burn.
5. Remove the meat cubes from the pan & reserve. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, then reduce the wine until it’s almost gone.
6. Add the onion and sweat it until soft and translucent.
7. Add the turnip and leek, continuing to sweat until all the vegetables until tender. Then add the beef stock, seared antelope meat, oregano and drained beans.
8. Cover and move to the oven to stew until the meat is tender (about an hour).
9. Garnish with arugula if desired & serve.
Post your recipe or comment here: