● Grow in their natural environments as nature intended.
● Possess tremendous flavor that is unique to their species.
● Allow you to experience nature and the seasons through fine food, while bringing the exotic to
● Grow in the ideal place for them to grow strong, healthy, and flavorful. They pick the spot,
● Require no additional resources to grow other than what is in the environment naturally. They
aren’t watered, fertilized, sprayed with chemicals or otherwise touched by mankind until
foragers find and pick them.
● Are sustainably hand-picked by expert foragers in the forests of the Pacific Northwest and
● Are top quality, highest grade wild mushrooms & produce. You’ll be amazed at the
difference between these fresh and dried wild mushrooms and the few varieties you may find
in your grocery store, and we doubt you’ll find any wild produce in shops at all.
Read What is (and isn’t) a Wild Mushroom for more information.
Our Wild Seafood:
● Is really wild. The fish and other seafood eat what they want to eat in their natural
environment, not processed food, antibiotics, or coloring agents.
● Has the entire ocean to swim around in, rather than an enclosed pen.
● Is harvested using sustainable methods from healthy fisheries.
Our Wild Boar:
● Is wild caught. “Wild Boar” is the name of the species, so a lot of wild boar meat on the
market is called that despite being farm raised. Ours is truly wild.
● Forages on nuts and other wild foods, giving it a richer, nuttier flavor than farmed wild boar or
conventional pork. It is also significantly leaner than conventional pork.
● Is humanely treated during and after capture.
● Is all natural and free from growth hormones and antibiotics.
● Is an invasive species in the Texas Hill Country. It damages crops and forest land while
competing with native wild species for resources. You’re doing the environment a favor by
Our Wild Kangaroo:
● Is hunted in the wilds of Australia by licensed hunters according to humane standards put
forth by the government and Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
● Has a unique complex, slightly smoky, flavor as a result of its natural wild diet.
● Is not endangered, only the four most abundant kangaroo species are legal to hunt.
● Is hunted on quotas set by the Australian government (based on annual aerial surveys)
whose primary concern is sustaining a healthy kangaroo population while protecting the
environment, not the kangaroo industry.
● Is hormone & antibiotic free.
● Is hunted to protect the environment. Kangaroos breed year-round and can quadruple their
population over five years in the presence of abundant resources. Thanks to the introduction
of irrigation & modern farming methods to Australia (i.e. an abundant food source), they are
more plentiful now than they were pre-European immigration. Exploding kangaroo
populations strip & trample both crops and wild vegetation.
Our Fresh Wild Truffles:
● Grow naturally below oak, chestnut, elm, willow and pine trees, enjoying a symbiotic
relationship with the tree roots until unearthed by foragers.
● Are considered one of the great culinary delicacies.
● Are foraged in Oregon, Washington, Italy, Spain and France and clearly labeled on the Marx
Foods store with their origins, so you know exactly what you are buying. We do not sell
● Are only sold while in season for peak freshness.
Our Wild Sea Vegetables:
● Are sustainably hand-collected in the wild. Great care is taken to preserve their natural
● Are extremely high in vitamins, minerals, and protein, making them a great
vegetarian/vegan/alternative diet option.
● Are significantly higher grade and less processed than most seaweed found in stores.
Browse wild food in season now.