1 recipe of your favorite buttermilk biscuit dough
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking pan by greasing or spraying with nonstick pan spray.
2. Cook the bacon in a 12-inch skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, allow to cool, and crumble. Reserve. (If substituting extra ham for the bacon, you may need to add some butter or oil in order to replace the rendered bacon fat.)
3. Add the ham, morels, shallots, and green peppers and cook until all the bacon fat has been absorbed. Turn off heat and remove vegetables to large bowl. Add the crumbled bacon to the vegetable mixture.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk or cream together. Add the cheese and the sautéed vegetable mixture
5. Prepare biscuit dough as directed in your recipe and pat into place thinly in bottom of baking pan. Add the egg-mushroom mixture and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
6. Lower heat to 350 degrees F. and bake for half an hour to 45 minutes or until egg mixture has nicely browned.
Post your recipe or comment here:
330 Responses to “Morel Quiche”