Roasted Winter Squash Medley with Saffron Butter
Makes 8 Main Dish or 20 Side Servings
Here’s an easy upgrade to summer squash dishes – a roasted squash medley tossed in melted butter suffused with saffron.
- 1 Butternut Squash, halved and cleaned
- 1 Large Delicata Squash, halved & cleaned
- 1 Acorn Squash, halved & cleaned
- 9-10 Sargol Saffron Threads
- ¼ cup Canola or Safflower Oil
- 1/4lb Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Butternut Squash Seed Oil
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
Preheat your oven to 400˚F (convection) or 425˚F (non-convection).
Cut each squash into small triangular wedges (oblique cut).
Pour the oil, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Toss the squash in the bowl until well coated.
Spread the squash out on a baking sheet & roast for 20 minutes.
In a small pot combine the white wine and the saffron. Simmer until the wine has almost completely evaporated (“au sec”).
Swirl the butter into the saffron pan, then add the butternut squash seed oil.
Toss the squash pieces in the saffron mixture.
Serve sprinkled with the pomegranate arils.