Seared Goose Breast, Apple & Blue Cheese Salad
Makes 6 Servings
The sharpness of the blue cheese, crisp lettuce and sweetness of the walnuts help balance the rich, deep flavor of the goose breast. Decadent.
- 2 Goose Breasts
- 2oz Blue Cheese, crumbled (we recommend Point Reyes, Cabrales or Maytag)
- 1 large head Romaine Lettuce
- ½ Fuji Apple, thinly shaved
- Salt & Pepper
- Salad Dressing:
- 6oz Blue Cheese (same variety used for the salad)
- 4oz Sour Cream
- 4oz Heavy Cream
- 1oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- Plus: Maple Candied Walnuts Recipe, to taste
- Make the Salad Dressing:
Note: This can be made the day before. The dressing will thicken over time. Thin it out as necessary with additional heavy cream or apple cider vinegar.
As the fat accumulates in your pan, drain off the excess into a heat-proof container for later use as a cooking fat in other dishes (it’s delicious!).