This version of potato savoryarde is much lighter than most potato gratin recipes – no cream, no cheese, and very little butter. That said, it still contains plenty of deliciousness.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 Servings)
2. Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large pot.
3. Thinly slice the Yukon gold potatoes, leaving the skin on.
4. Butter a large baking dish, casserole dish or sauté pan.
5. Layer the potatoes in the buttered dish, seasoning each layer with salt and minced thyme. Press down the layers to compress them.
6. Top the top layer with some black pepper and the butter.
7. Once the chicken stock is boiling, pour it over the potatoes. Use just enough to come up to the top layer without covering it.
8. Cover the baking dish with foil and move it to the oven to bake.
9. After 40 minutes, remove the foil from the top of the dish. Continue to bake until the top is browned.
10. Remove from the oven & serve.
Post your recipe or comment here: