Japanese-Inspired Iberico Pork Collar Lettuce Wraps
Makes 4-6 Servings
|Alsace Pinot Gris|
Iberico pork collar is highly prized for its abundant marbling with sweet, nutty fat. It’s quite rich, so here we’ve served thin slices paired with a range of hot & sour condiments and sweet bibb lettuce.
This recipe is quick & easy – the ingredients do all the heavy lifting, so it doesn’t take complex technique or time to make them delicious.
- 1lb Iberico Pork Collar, sliced ¼” thick across the grain.
- Ginger Soy Spread:
- 3 tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Quick Pickled Carrots:
- 2 Small Carrots, Finely Juilienned
- 2 tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Chile Daikon:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Grated Daikon, moisture squeezed out
- ¼ tsp Shichimi or Japones Chile Powder (can be ground from dried japones chilies)
- Spicy Dijon Mustard
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce